Everyone does say that laughter is the best medicine. Your medications are just a supplement.
Disclaimer: we are not medical professionals- we cannot give you a diagnosis or medication advice. Please speak to a health professional for this. If you are in crisis please contact one of the hotlines on our page.
- Say kind statements, as if you were talking to a small child - for example, “You are a good person going through a hard time. You’ll get through this.”
- Think of favorites. Think of your favorite color, animal, season, food, time of day…
- Picture people you care about
- Remember the words to an inspiring song, quote, or poem.
- Remember a safe place. Describe the place that you find so soothing.
- Say a coping statement: “I can handle this.”
- Plan a safe treat for yourself, such as a certain dessert
- Thing of things you are looking forward to in the next week - perhaps time with a friend, going to a movie.