Everyone does say that laughter is the best medicine. Your medications are just a supplement.
Disclaimer: we are not medical professionals- we cannot give you a diagnosis or medication advice. Please speak to a health professional for this. If you are in crisis please contact one of the hotlines on our page.
[a rebloggable post of past advice from followers]
On the computer
- F. lux creates a lovely warm glow between sundown and sunup that is supposed to not mess with your sleep cycle the way a normal screen will.
- Listen to calming music
- watch tv shows or listen to podcasts that are non-triggering. Simply hearing a familiar voice or seeing familiar faces can help
- chat/skype with a friend. Talk about what is on your mind.
In your room
- put a nightlight in your room or leave a lamp on
- build yourself a nest of pillows, blankets, and/or stuffed animals
- Melatonin, a sleep supplement, is available for purchase in most health food and drug stores without a prescription
- sedative herbs like valerian root (can be found in teas but is also available in “herbal supplements”)
- Celestial Seasonings teas makes a “sleepytime” tea which is great if you need to relax or go to sleep
- Make a list of what is worrying you and place it somewhere so you will find it the following morning
- take a warm bath or shower and scrub yourself clean
- get a little food in your stomach
- count backwards from 1000 by 7s
feel free to leave a message in our ask box and we will update the list :]